Monday, January 30, 2012

Crossing things off...

It feels like we have been on this huge quest to get as much done for the adoption paperwork as we can in the least amount of time. Carla and I both feel like this paperwork is the last thing that we have any control over in this process.  We know that we are going to have to wait for quite a while to be matched with a birthmother.  We know that we might even have to wait longer than most other couples simply because we are gay.  Truly we have come to terms with that, but we feel like the paperwork is not going to be the thing that holds us up.  So in the last two weeks we have filled out many forms, taken two online classes (we have one more to go), prepared our house to be completely fire safe, taken our CPR class and this morning we got our fingerprints done.  We just went to the post office and dropped off a huge packet of DCFC paperwork that needed to be done including the forms regarding our fingerprints.  And for perhaps the greatest accomplishment is that this morning I made a doctor's appointment.  Now for most people this would be no great accomplishment. However, I cannot remember the last time I made a doctor's appointment.  But thanks to the recommendation of a close friend, I have found a doctor and will be going for a physical in two weeks.  Yikes!

So with that we are just a little bit closer to finishing all the paperwork.  The doctor will be able to fill out my health form and that will feel like a huge relief.  After that we are left to work on our dear birthparent letter and our profile (kind of like a big scrapbook to show a birthparent who we are and what our lives are like).  On that note, we are starting to gather pictures that might look good to show people what our life is like.  If any of you out there reading this happen to have any great pictures of Carla and I doing something that looks like fun, please email them to me so we can use them for the book.

Well that is it for now.  I thought I would sneak in a quick post since I took this morning off in order to get those fingerprints taken care of.  I must now get back to the part of my life that doesn't involve adoption!

1 comment:

  1. Use my baby!
    https://picasaweb.google.com/107452059755375526209/February2011#5576719712365164914
    https://picasaweb.google.com/107452059755375526209/February2011#5576719712365164914

    ReplyDelete