Friday, July 26, 2013

An Award




There is a delightful award given to small blogs, from other bloggers, called the Liebster Award.  And I am so very thankful to have been nominated twice.  Thanks to the lovely ladies at Our Journey to Become Mommies and .breakingintoblossom.  for the very very kind nominations.  I am touched.  Here is the deal with the Liebster Award...

The Liebster is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less).
When you’re nominated for one, here’s what you do:
  1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
  2. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
  3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
  4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
  5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.

My nominees ( I tried to choose blogs that I haven't seen nominated on other lists recently)...

1. Crazy Lesbian Mom -- This one is a must read.  This brave, brave woman is dealing with more than anyone every should and she needs all the good thoughts she can get.  

2. Ryan and Jeremy: Our Adoption Journey -- A delightful couple just starting their journey towards adoption. 

3. i miss you -- I love this blog so much because it is written by a birthmother about her experiences with adoption.  I have learned so much from her.  

4. pajamamommas -- These lovely ladies are on kid number two and I can't wait to see the next chapter of their journey. 

5.  Fish Out of Water -- Such a fun blog from a fellow midwestern lesbian who is just days away from finally moving to the same city as her girlfriend.  

6. Adventurous Moms -- I am nowhere near as adventurous as this family, but it is so fun to read about all the fantastic trips they go on and about their journey towards being moms for a second time.  

7. Bake One Buy One -- I have been following this journey for a while now and I am sending them so many good thoughts on their next round of IVF.  

8. What Words May Come -- For those of you who watched The Real L Word, this is Cori's blog.  It was actually what inspired me to start my blog in the first place.  They are about to start a new phase of their journey towards parenthood and I couldn't be happier for them.  

9. Beginning From the Start -- Such an enjoyable and interesting blog that follows this couples journey toward parenthood.  

10. Peter's Cross Station -- A smart, smart blog about adoption and so many important things.  

11. Two Mothers McGill -- Another good lesbian headed family blog. 

And now I shall attempt to answer the two sets of 11 questions that I was given...

First, from Our Journey to Become Mommies...


1.  White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha? I am a strictly black coffee kind of girl.


2. Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it? The most typical American suburb.  I had a most wonderful childhood and am thankful for the safety of where I grew up, even if it was without much excitement!



3. Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite) I loved my teachers, many of them, which is perhaps why I ended up becoming one. 



4. Most embarrassing moment from your high school years? There is one that involves a terribly mean prank done at summer camp, but the story is too long to tell here.  Instead I will go with the time I was walking down a VERY crowded stairwell when my sandal fell off and went all the way down the stairs.  I had to fight against traffic to finally get to my shoe.  It was more embarrassing at the time than it sounds now! 

5. What's the most delicious food you've ever eaten in your life? The cupcakes we had at our wedding.  In particular the chocolate one with peanut butter filling.  

6. If you had to move to another country, where would you move? I have often threatened to move to Canada.  Not that exotic, but I don't really like change all that much.  

7.  Coolest thing you've ever been for Halloween? My best friend helped me to construct a Hershey kiss costume out of duct tape. 



8. City or nature person? Ahhh...there are parts of both that I love.  If I had to choose, I choose city. 



9. What are you most proud of in your life? My family. 

10. If you could relive the past would you? And to which part of your life? No. I am so happy in my current now. I would not want to go back.  

11. If you had to change careers, what would you pick? Taste tester for Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory.

And now, from .breaking into blossom. ...

1. What comforts you most when you’re sad? Chocolate ice cream (and my wife)


2. What would you do on a dream day where money and travel time were no object? A picnic, with my family and closest friends.  There would be incredible food and perfect weather (sunny and 78 degrees).  The entire day would be spent just enjoying being together...and playing board games.  


3. Favorite drink (with or without alcohol)? Ice coffee


4. What character trait (of yours) do you most struggle to accept about yourself? I can be incredibly moody.


5. How much water do you drink in a day? Not nearly enough, unless you count the water that is used to make coffee.  


6. If you’re a parent, what has surprised you the most about the gig? If you’re not, what do you like best about not having kids (right now or at all)? I have been most surprised by how long I can just sit and watch my child play and how easily parenting can make you feel like a failure.  


7. What (if anything) makes you feel insecure about either being a parent or not being a parent? Oh everything can make me feel insecure about being a parent.  Knowing that I can't possibly get it right all the time and people will see that, makes me incredibly insecure.  


8. Top three television shows of all time? West Wing, Brothers and Sisters, Law and Order


9. Specialty dish (or baked indulgence)? Something you’ve made time and again. Oh dear...I don't cook or bake.  Every so often, I make a taco bar for my wife.  That is the best I've got. 


10. Favorite thing about the person you’ve grown into? My ability to own up to the mistakes I make.


11. One simple, happy memory. The day we brought our daughter home.  Nothing could be better.  

And finally...my eleven questions for my nominees to answer..

1) What is your favorite time of day?

2) What is your favorite spot at home?

3) What was something you were scared to do, but did it anyway?

4) What book had the greatest impact on your life?

5) What grammatical error is most irritating to you?

6) When you are feeling bad about yourself, who is the first person you turn to to remind you of how great you really are?

7) When are you at your calmest?

8) What is your greatest fear?

9) What is one thing you want to accomplish during your lifetime?

10) Who inspires you?

11) When do you feel the most vulnerable?

Wow! That took a long time, but it was well worth it.  I can't wait to learn more about fellow bloggers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment