Saturday, July 27, 2013

Getting Away

I am beyond excited.

Starting on Monday, my little family has an entire week to be together.  One whole week.  Seven days in a row.  I can not wait.

As I have explained before, Carla often has to work on weekends.  This doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the three of us to be together as a family.  This often leaves both of us craving more time just to be together.  So Carla has been working so so hard the past few days, just so that she can take an entire week off of work and we can spend some much needed family time together.  And I can not wait.

So come Monday, we are off to the town of Galena, IL to spend three nights in a rustic cabin with Millie and the dog.  I am so looking forward to getting away from it all for just a few nights.  I am hoping there will be lots of time spent walking around the small town, good food, lots of board games and just nonstop family time.

We will then come back home for a night and then we are off for a two night camping trip with Carla's mom and brother.  This will be Millie's first time camping and I think she is going to love it.  That kid loves being outside and I think she will love being outside nonstop for three days.  We had to purchase a new tent for the occasion because we now need space for the two of us, one pack-and-play and one dog crate.  That's a lot of stuff in one tent.

And then we will come back and Carla will head back to work and I will have my last week at home with Millie before I go back to work as well.  I can't think about that right now because there is too much good ahead in the next week.

Anyway...I am sure there will be pictures galore, but I was feeling so excited about the week that I had to put it down somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot to pack into one week! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete